POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES

CLASSES OF ADJECTIVES 

Adjectives are those words that join a name to expand, complement and quantify their meaning.




  • POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES

The possessive adjectives in English refer to the holder and not to the possessed thing and there are used by more frequency in English that in Spanish. They precede normally the nouns that indicate parts of the body, kinship, gown and personal objects, names that are used in Spanish by the certain article:

http://www.mansioningles.com/Gram18.htm

Resultado de imagen para ADJETIVOS POSESIVOS INGLES y verbo to be



SOME EXAMPLES:


Resultado de imagen para possessive adjectives examples
Subject Pronoun           Possessive Adjectives 










https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH8S7njP7XA

  1. Exercises:

  2. 1.
    • I love my mother.  name is Marina.
  3. 2.
    • I am Charles.  last name is Smith.
  4. 3.
    • I love my mother and my father.  names are Charles and Laura.
  5. 4.
    • I have a brother.  name is Allan.
  6. 5.
    • I have a cat.  name is Punchy.
  7. 6.
    • You are Mark Smith. What is  favorite movie, Mark?
  8. 7.
    • My sister and I have a dog.  dog is beautiful.

  9. Replace the personal pronouns by possessive adjectives:

    1. Where is (I)  book?
    2. Here is (we)  teacher.
    3. She goes to school with (she)  brother.
    4. (They)  father works in a car factory.
    5. (You)  laptop is very expensive.
    6. (He)  favorite hobby is tennis.
    7. (I)  husband and I want to go to Paris.
    8. We want to see (it)  historical monuments.
    9. Leila likes (she)  dog !
    10. (It)  name is Bobby.

Some of your answers are incorrect. Incorrect answers have been left in place for you to change.
Do they like  new flat? ( she )
Have you got  passport? ( you )
Have you met  teacher? ( they )
He forgot  car keys. ( he )
I don’t like  teacher. ( we )
I like  sweater. ( you )
I’ve got  mobile. ( he )
Is this  car? ( you )
She gave the report to  boss. ( she )
There’s something wrong with  bicycle. ( I )
These are  parents. ( I )
They changed  hotel. ( they )
They’re having a party in  garden. ( they )
Where’s  pencil? ( I )
Who’s got  money? ( I )


I
You
He
She
It
We
They












Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

REFLEXIVE PRONOUNS

PAST PROGRESSIVE

Modal Verbs